Thursday, February 19, 2009

polymer clay (fimo) millefiori

Trying something new (again!) - this time it's polymer clay - I thought I could try to make some beads! I had Fimo when I was younger so I thought I would give it a try again! This is my first attempt at millefiori. I guess its just like making rock where the letters run right the way through. I'm quite pleased with this for a first try - although I wish I hadn't put black round the outside. Nevermind.
I'm going to make it into a wee coaster type thing. All I need to do now is bake it in the oven at 230 for 30 mins then varnish it. If it works out I will take another pic!
Watch this space!!
These are about 8mm across.

2 comments:

Mar G said...

Hahaha so they were blue but...the end result still looks good!

suzann said...

This looks so cool. How did you do that?!?

tracy brown-scott / blue daisy crafts
2008