Wednesday, January 20, 2016

How did I live without....

Hi!  First of all I wasn't sure what to call this post.  My other option was "The postman's been!"  I know I said I would be good and look to use my existing stash but I made it all the way to January pay day then decided I needed a treat.. well, two, actually!  
I put in an order with Wild Orchid Crafts and got a lovely box of a multitude of flowers, leaves and to-die-for lace!  And I ordered some new stamps.  I'll take a pick in a later post.  But my reason for calling this post "How did I live without..." is really really simple.  How did I live without... a hot glue gun?? (actually its a low temp hot glue gun but you get the idea!)   This was something I never thought I would need.. but I bought one last year. Why??  Simple.. I didn't have one!  (Obviously!!) 


It's amazing! Sticking flowers to cards is now so easy! And you get to "play" with all the stringy bits of glue (and the melted glue as the gun isn't hot enough to burn you!)
So from now on it's flowers on everything! LOL!! 


Here's my card for today.. Penny Black "Greetings".  The "hello" is cut from a scrap piece of watercolour card that I just applied random watercolour to.  The image is coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Markers. 


I hope you like it!



I'm going to enter this one in the Inspiration Destination challenge (#69 Anything Goes), it's open until next Tuesday at midnight so why not pop on over and have a wee look!

Have a good week!





3 comments:

PJ said...

Hello~ I come to you by way of Barb at Barb's faraway cards. She mentioned your name and I followed the link.. Golly Girl you have an awesome blog and beautiful cards. Truly a work of art. I read your profile too.. and was delighted to read you are in Scotland. That is so cool. I hope you will be able to stop by my blog and be a friend. Blessing to you.

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Barb said...

I love this PB image and the flowers look lovely. I love the pretty fresh colours. I have a hot glue gun and seldom think to get it out.

tracy brown-scott / blue daisy crafts
2008