Monday, January 16, 2017

Mish Mash Monday!

Hi! Welcome to the start of a new week!

It's been a bit of a mish mash of things today.  Totally without any mojo at all to start with - so housework took priority.  Then after lunch, with no sign of the elusive mojo, and a tiredness associated with the start of a cold I looked around the craft room to see what was lying about.

Ages and ages ago I bought an MDF kit to make a stand for my excess Stampin' Up! Ink Pads.. the pieces have been lying around for ages.  So.. I decided to get the acrylic paints out and see what damage I could do.  I used Inka-Gold Old Silver for the sort of accent aged colour over various shades of yellow, orange and red pastel acrylics.  And I used a couple of shades of quite bright lime and apple greens for the top of the unit.


And now that I have put some of my pens in their storage I can see colours at a glance (no idea what do to with the 200 or so ProMarkers though!)  (A problem for another day!)
I did a wee bit of colouring and then made a little desk notepad.


Then some watercolouring. I got a new pigment liner (1.2 width) so I checked it was waterproof then had a wee doodle.  I used Gansi Tambi watercolours to finish it.  No idea what I'll do with it!


And, last but not least, I'm trying to learn how to draw (YouTube videos!) and I recently received some Wolff Carbon Pencils so I though I would have a go!  I found a tutorial for drawing an eye and here's my first attempt.  Great fun.  As long as there are people who only want me to draw them with one eye then things will be fine (as I'm not sure I could draw the other one to match!!)


I have to say, charcoal pencils are great fun, messy, but great fun!

Enough for today I think!







No comments:

tracy brown-scott / blue daisy crafts
2008